Belfast City Centre
Temporary for 12 months initially
Experienced Solicitor required for our client in Belfast City Centre.
You will assist in the provision of legal services to a range of clients and provide timely specialist legal advice, assistance and representation for clients in contracting and procurement of goods and services, including IT projects.
You will provide these services in accordance with the standards established by the Chief Legal Adviser and the Organisation’s Service Level Agreements with its clients.
Summary of duties:
- Draft appropriate contracts and related documents in line with the instructions of clients taking account of the client’s requirements and seeking to minimise risk. Review draft contracts and related documents and provide advice to clients whether oral or in writing including in relation to legal and other risks arising for the client, for patients and service users and to the public purse. Advise in relation to appropriate amendments to draft contracts and related documents and negotiate contractual terms where required.
- Draft and provide legal advice on appropriate lawful procedures and methodologies for the procurement of goods and services, including for software and other IT related goods and services. This includes the drafting and review of relevant suites of procurement and related documents and providing legal advice and support to clients throughout the procurement process, as required.
- Provide legal advice in relation to all legal issues relevant to the procurement and contracting for goods and services by the organisation, including matters such as the sharing of personal data and processing of personal data by contractors, requests for information under the Freedom of Information legislation and relevant regulatory issues.
- Investigate and assess clients’ legal liability in respect of contractual and/or procurement disputes and claims, to include reviewing relevant contractual and procurement documents, instructing appropriate experts and counsel and use of professional judgment by the job holder. Provide accurate and timely estimates to clients of potential legal liability and make recommendations to clients regarding practical and cost effective solutions which they may choose to follow, often in very high value (multi-million pound), complex claims involving issues of considerable sensitivity and public interest.
- Drafting pleadings and other court documentation as required, researching the law, and either appearing personally to present evidence and legal arguments to the Court, or instructing Counsel to do so, all to ensure that the interests of clients and public funds are adequately protected.
- To provide training for clients as required on relevant legal issues, provide written updates to clients on relevant legal developments as required and advise in relation to development of policy and practice relevant to procurement and contracting for goods and services, including IT projects within the organisation.
Provide specialist advice in situations of high clinical and commercial sensitivity and urgency including advice concerning end of life decisions, interdicts and judicial review
Please note: the post holder may be required by the Chief Legal Adviser to undertake duties in other areas of law in order to assist the efficient delivery of the service to clients.
- Qualified solicitor eligible to practice in Northern Ireland.
- Can demonstrate at least 5 years post qualification experience.
- Demonstrate in providing legal advice or representaion in the areas of procurement law, commercial contracts and contracts including GDPR data access agreements, IT contracts.
- Current full UK drivers licence.
For more information on client please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.