Senior Underwriter – Commercial Insurance
Our client is a global Insurer with a significant client base within the local Insurance market.
Reporting to the Regional Director an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Commercial Underwriter. This is a unique position to join a very successful and rapidly expanding Insurer within a senior role.
• Review, evaluate and price moderately complex business by applying sound underwriting judgment and adhering to company policy within established authority
• Identify and minimize risks by utilizing due diligence and applying sound judgment to escalate underwriting issues when necessary and recommend opportunities for a profitable portfolio
• Ensure adherence to underwriting standards, objectives and guidelines of program by maintaining files in accordance with policy and procedures to minimize risk
• Assist with improvements in Underwriting practices, pricing and marketing strategies by providing feedback to upper level underwriting professionals to communicate industry best practices
• Mentor junior underwriters by managing projects and training initiatives, answering escalated questions and reviewing financial statement and securities valuation analyses to ensure efficient team performance and profitable delivery
• Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
• Adhere to underwriting standards, instructions and good practice to minimize risk and maximize efficiency
• Contribute to recording and measurement of insurance risks to ensure accuracy and good practice
• Ensure review and analysis of the portfolio to identify progress toward business objectives
• Research and obtain market intelligence in order to enhance organizational profit goals
• Establish and maintain relationships with producers and customers to understand their needs and sell products that respond to their needs
• Foster strong partnerships with brokers by informing on new products and programs, communicating opportunities for continuous improvement and clarifying and explaining underwriting decisions to ensure understanding of assigned line/s of business goals and objectives
• Contribute to assigned special projects by assisting with audits, participating in department product and process improvement initiatives
• Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value “can do” people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
A minimum of 5 years Underwriting experience of Property & Liability risks
Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
ACII Qualified - desirable
The company offer a market leading remuneration and benefits package which will be flexible to attract the best.
We are aware of the need for complete discretion when recruiting a position at this level. To discuss the role in complete confidence contact Bernard Rooney on 02890 339968 or apply via the online application process.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.