Assistant Underwriter - Belfast
Our client is a global Insurer with a significant client base within the local Insurance market.
Reporting to the Senior Underwriters in Belfast an excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Underwriter.
- Be responsible for interpreting underwriting data to ensure accuracy and appropriate recording of risk, exposure and reinsurance data on internal systems.
- Underwrite business in accordance with the agreed business plan, and within personal authority criteria.
- Be responsible for individual account performance as directed by the Class Underwriter.
- Ensure the agreed service delivery standards are implemented and monitored.
- Undertake or support research and development projects on specialist segments.
- Update, enhance and maintain regulatory technical, financial, legal and market knowledge.
- Support the highest level of teamwork, knowledge transfer and motivation through an appropriate combination of communication, learning and development with team members.
- Develop external relationships as appropriate for insurance support activities and business development network.
- Maintain internal databases of wordings and business information for policies and enquiries.
- Assist in the development of inter-department liaison, joint initiatives and marketing support.
- Support and work with Development Underwriters to write new business i.e. review new submissions and manage the book, bind and issue process.
- Underwrite renewal business and mid-term adjustments within agreed workflow plan and within underwriting authority criteria.
- Support the Development Underwriter to generally progress, chase & follow up queries e.g. missing or inadequate exposure data, risk engineering requirements/recommendations.
- Suitable candidates will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of Commercial Insurance and related products gained within either a Broking or Underwriting environment.
- Although not essential, progression towards Cert CII is desirable.
In return the company offer a market leading remuneration and benefits package together with genuine opportunities for career progression.
To discuss the position in complete confidence contact Bernard Rooney on 02890 339968 or forward a CV via the online application process.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.