We are working on behalf of our client in the Energy sector who is recruiting for a Senior Controller in their Settlements Department within the Market Operations Function based in Belfast. The role of Senior Controller is to effectively develop and operate the business processes within their designated area, delegating work effectively to Controllers; including planning and co-ordinating work or projects with the Controllers.
The role of the Senior Controller is to effectively develop and operate the business processes within their designated area, delegating work effectively to Controllers; including planning and co-ordinating work or projects with the Controllers.
- Effectively operates the business processes in their designated area, ensuring all operational timelines and KPIs are met
- Plans and coordinates tasks and projects, assigning work to Controllers
- Monitors progression of activities to ensure they are completed in line with agreed procedures and relevant codes, acting as an escalation point for troubleshooting when necessary
- Resolves queries and issues from internal or external customers, acting as a second line support
- Recommends improvements to business processes in their relevant area
- Supports the ongoing coaching, training and development of Controllers
- Actively builds knowledge and experience of business processes within the broader Market Operations directorate
- Supports ongoing process improvement and training activity
Critical knowledge, skills and experience:
- Third level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of two years previous experience in a financial administrative role
- Strong numerical and analytical ability
- Strong attention to detail and quality orientation
- Ability to communicate effectively in a business environment and a demonstrable track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to plan and prioritise the work of others to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with a flexible approach
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and file management systems e.g. SharePoint
Contract Length: 11 months
Apply online or contact Helen Sheppard on 02890 339968 for further information
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.