Senior Financial Analyst
Our client, a leading Energy provider in Belfast currently have an opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst to join it’s Financial Planning & Reporting team. This is an excellent and challenging opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a highly efficient and successful company.
Reporting directly to the Financial Planning & Reporting Manager, the Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in driving financial strategy and analytics in the business whilst appraising decisions, offering insight and demonstrating strategic thinking skills.
The principal duties of this post are:
- Development of robust financial models, including complex scenario testing to support and influence decision making
- Perform and present ad hoc financial analysis to drive strategic business decisions
- Conduct thorough research of historical financial data
- Explore investment options and present risks and opportunities
- Assisting management in interpreting results
- Input to and challenging business strategy/plans/KPI targets
- Ensuring robust financial controls in relation to modelling and financial analysis
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with internal customers influencing across the business
- Dealing with credit rating agencies and finance providers
- Establishing and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining confidentiality of financial information and investment decisions
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with a minimum of six years post qualification experience;
- Proven experience in developing and reviewing financial models, including scenario analysis providing insight for a leading business;
- Demonstrable track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to influence the day-to-day and long-term strategy of the business;
- Confident communicator – expressing information and ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing across all levels in the business;
- Expert in the use of MS Excel to include use of advanced formulas;
- Proficient in the use of MS Word & MS Powerpoint to present financial data using detailed reports and charts;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise in order to meet deadlines;
- Highly developed numeracy and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrable evidence of knowledge and experience of a regulatory environment;
- Corporate finance experience;
- Working knowledge of SAP.
Apply via link or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Seletion on 02890 339968
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.