Our client is an award winning, leading technology company based in Belfast and part of a wider US owned company. They are continuing to grow and dominate their market and they have maintained their position as "best company to work for" in Belfast for 2 years running. They now have an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to join them their team as Assistant Finance Manager. Reporting into the Director of Finance in their Belfast based international HQ, the Assistant Finance Manager will develop and maintain a structure, procedures and processes to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives as the business scales and positions itself as the hub of International operations for the company. You will be a key member of the Belfast Finance team, adding real value to the business by providing expertise, information and reports to inform and contribute to strategic decision making.
- Accurate Profit and Loss reporting including detailed variance analysis of plan related to actuals
- Management of bank reconciliations, payroll, cross charges and ensuring costs are correctly managed and reported in each period
- Delivery of ad-hoc reporting requests, detailed account analysis and other duties as needed to support the monthly and quarterly close process.
- Review and preparation of monthly journal entries as part of monthly and quarterly close in accordance with US GAAP.
- Preparation of UK Stat Accounts for the Statutory Audit and be a key contact for requests between the audit firm and the accounting team, as well as review support for audit.
- Preparation of management reports for stakeholders including Invest NI and Internal management
- Manage the AR process from Invoice to Receipt and ensuring target debtor days outstanding are achieved. Also to work closely with the AP function on site and in London to ensure the most efficient process is implemented
- Analysis of the bad debt for accounts receivables to increase collectability.
- Contribute to continuous review of policies, processes and procedures as well as local implementation and embedding for continuous improvement or regulatory compliance.
- Contribute to a working environment and culture, which encourages teamwork, positive energy, innovation and fun.
- Chartered Accountant with aa solid accounting background
- Ability to demonstrate experience of working within UK GAAP
- Ability to demonstrate previous statutory audit experience and working with auditors to meet all obligations
- Strong knowledge of VAT implications for the business whilst working in the UK & Ireland
- Strong computerised accounting systems experience and advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- At least 1 year of experience, working in a large multinational company is desirable
- previous experience with US GAAP.
Highly competitive plus excellent benefits package
For further information this excellent opportunity please apply via link or contact Helen Sheppard on 02890 339968
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.