Our client is a not-for-for profit organisation who provides an important service to the community. They are now seeking a Payroll Service Manager to lead a payroll team for a specialised service used by over 1900 community members.
The Payroll Service Manager is a senior management role within the organisation in which the post holder will contribute to the development and implementation of an operational plan; this will include the selection and implementation of a payroll system which meets the requirements of the organisation and its clients.
- To coordinate and manage the complex process for clients of the existing payroll service.
- To lead the payroll service team and ensure that they carry out their duties correctly, obtaining information for, and running the required payroll service documents and reports.
- To arrange for ongoing training for the payroll service staff.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the organisation operates a fully compliant auto enrolment pension service and payroll service on behalf of its clients.
- To prepare payroll for the organisation’s own staff and administer any staff pension arrangements, medical care benefits etc.
- To assist with the sourcing, selection, implementation and operation of a payroll system that meets the requirements of the organisation and its clients.To submit management reports on all aspects of the payroll service while recommending further courses of action.
- To ensure that all HMRC returns for PAYE are completed and submitted on time
- To liaise with HMRC and pension scheme providers to identify necessary new initiatives and service developments
- To identify, investigate and analyse potential operational improvement in the payroll service.
- To advise on new business development opportunities for the organisation which meet specific needs of our clients.To undertake such other duties assigned by the CEO.
This role requires most, if not all, of the following and/or the potential to acquire the relevance experience and skills.
- minimum of 5 years’ experience in payroll, including at least some of the time in a supervisory/management role, and some experience of pension schemes
- A relevant professional qualification
- Comprehensive knowledge of the main payroll and pensions procedures, systems and software
- In depth knowledge of the relevant regulatory and legal policy and requirements together with proficiency in interpreting and applying payroll rules and regulations
- A good working knowledge of financial systems and procedures, taxation and national insurance rules and workplace pensions requirements and of producing all HMRC and payroll-related management reports
- Good mathematical and IT skills
- Good communication skills
£28,000 - £30,000 per annum (35 hours a week)
Apply via link or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Selection on 02890 339968
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.