Our client is a leading Healthcare Group founded in Belfast and having since expanded into a group which includes a private hospital, health insurance and training academy . Their mission is to create a world-class provider of healthcare by putting patients at the forefront of everything they do. They are now excited to offer a unique and challenging role for an ambitious and highly motivated individual to join their complex and dynamic group of business in the position of Financial Controller.
The Financial Controller will be a trusted advisor to the senior management team across the Group, providing strong financial leadership and proactively contributing to the continued growth of the overall businesses.
The Financial Controller will have responsibility over all aspects of the finance function and will work closely with other business areas including Operations, HR, Sales and Marketing. This role, being multifaceted and spread across different business sectors and locations, requires comprehensive experience in both accounting and finance – showing an ability to manage and develop the overall finance function of a modern, progressive, ever changing group.
The Financial Controller will deliver business objectives through providing and interpreting key commercial management information. This insight and analysis with influence the Group business decisions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To complete the monthly management accounts for several companies including the analysis and interpretation of the businesses performance and to report these results to the Board of Directors and Senior management team within a set deadline
- To ensure consistent reporting to and from the finance team for all departments in the group;
- To assist non-financial managers in understanding and interpreting business results and formulating improvement plans.
- To work with the senior management team to drive EBITDA growth.
- To monitor the group’s banking activities and ensuring appropriate systems and controls are in place
- To monitor cash flow and working capital on a daily basis across the Group, ensuring invoicing lag is minimized, debt collection is maximized, and creditor payments are managed
- To monitor expenditure control to include ensuring effective authorisation procedures for all expenditure;
- To assist in the preparation of financial information for both public sector and private sector tenders in the UK and ROI
- To complete medical procedure costings for new and existing procedures as and when required
- To Recruit, supervise and develop staff in different locations.
- To manage interactions with external auditors, HMRC, FCA and tax professionals to ensure timely & accurate provision of information/resolution of queries.
- To proactively contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the organisation’s financial processes & controls
- Other general administrative/office duties as required to include (but not limited to) other reporting as requested by senior managers and directors.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Minimum of three years post qualification in an accountancy role.
- Experience in the production of management and/or statutory accounts.
- Dealing with financial queries orally and in writing.
- Review of financial controls & processes, making recommendations & implementing improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writingStrong Excel skills and use of Microsoft Office to: Extract/analyse/reconciliation/present information
Competitive Salary / Negotiable
Apply via link or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Selection for details.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.