Our client is a market leading Global Manufacturing and Engineering company based in the County Tyrone area. Due to ongoing growth they have an opportunity for a Contract Accountant to join their PreSales team in the Cooksown Headquarters. The Contract Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that all forecast project costs and revenues are recorded and reported accurately on a monthly basis. This will involve working with finance department and a team of project managers to review actual costs and revenues on each project and co-ordinate monthly cost variance analysis.
The successful candidate will also work with the project engineers and purchasing department to ensure that all the bills of materials (BoMs) are correct and stock transfers between projects and from stock to live projects are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Run actual project cost reports from the accounting system for each live project (monthly or weekly depending on significance of the project).
- Compare the actual project costs to the project budget costs prepared by the PreSales team.
- Coordinate with the project managers to understand any variances of the actual costs to the budget costs.
- Ensure that all project bills of materials (BoMs) are accurate and that all necessary stock transfers in and out of the project have been completed accurately and timely, making any corrections as necessary to ensure that project margins are reported correctly
- Review current stock lists with the design engineer and project manager and identify if any of the stock parts could be used for each new project that goes live.
- Report any movements in forecast revenue or costs for the projects to Finance for inclusion in the monthly management accounts.
- Ensure that any learnings from the variance analysis are fed back to the PreSales team for inclusion in future pricing & proposals and to the wider teams where applicable.
- Identify meaningful KPIs and implement processes/process improvements in order to achieve them.
- Visit Customer sites to continually expand product knowledge.
- Adhere to Company HR & Health & Safety policies.
- Any other duties within reason and capability associated with this role.
In return, this role will offer interesting and challenging business projects that will allow the successful candidate to continue to develop professionally. You will be an integral part of a highly skilled, fast growing company, who will offer support and a wealth of knowledge.
- Degree (or equivalent) with a minimum 2.1
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a financial or commercial role
- Extensive experience using MS Office, especially MS Excel & MS Word
- Excellent numerical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to question
- Qualified or part-qualified accountant
- Degree in Accounting / Business / Engineering
- Previous experience as a project or contract accountant
Apply via Link or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Selection on 02890 339968 for further details
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.