Our client is a long established family-owned business operating across the Island of Ireland in wholesale and Food Distribution. They now have an opportunity in their head office based in Belfast for an experienced Company Accountant.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following responsibilities and duties, including;
- Prepare, validate and report management accounts for Group Companies to the Board of Directors. It is expected that you will be highly competent in a computerised environment and be familiar with timely reporting to Management and Board. It is expected that you will lead on the development and implementation of financial systems to support financial management and reporting processes.
- Manage and oversee the development of business plans, budgets, cost plans and forecasts. Experience in Report writing and expressing opinions and options based upon sound analysis of financial and relevant commercial data.
- Proactively identify variance trends, suggest and implement corrective action as appropriate to allow management to optimise budget performance.
- Provide leadership with directors in projects to develop business performance and growth.
- Lead the finance team on day to day procedures and to maintain and develop robust and efficient systems, processes and controls.
- Oversee and take ownership of sales, purchase and nominal ledgers and prepare bank reconciliations for all Group Bank accounts.
- VAT returns, EC Sales, VIES and Intrastat returns.
- PRODUCE KPI reports for Sales, Warehousing and Distribution
- Year end audit and preparation of statutory accounts and returns
- Assisting in managing property portfolio
- Other duties as may be delegated by the Managing Director
- Applicant must hold a professional accountancy qualification – ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- A minimum of 5 years experience.
- Strong IT Skills.
- Applicants must also demonstrate flexibility, drive, enthusiasm and attention to detail, whilst being able to work on own initiative and also be part of a team.
- Experience of working within the Wholesale or Distribution Industries
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.