Our client is a successful and dynamic engineering business based just outside Belfast City Centre. They now have an opportunity for a Company Accountant to join them on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Finance Director Company Accountant will be responsible for the monthly financial reporting of the company. It is essential that applicants have a strong understanding and experience in the preparation of management accounts
Ideally the successful candidate would be available to start at short notice to allow handover.
- Production of month end journals.
- Preparation of monthly and year end company accounts.
- Trial balances.
- Working progress calculation.
- Preparation of tax compliance reporting.
- Compilation and processing of UK and Irish VAT.
- Payroll Processing, full end to end for weekly internal staff.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets, financial KPI’s and forecasts.
- Processing and maintenance of Sales and Purchase Ledgers.
- Management of Accounts Payable process.
- Daily postings of bank transactions and weekly bank reconciliations.
- Month end I2D bank reconciliations.
- Weekly Petty Cash administration and reconciliations.
- Qualified / Nearly Qualified Accountant (ACA/ CIMA /ACCA)
- Highly proficient with MS Office; strong working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Demonstrable and highly proficient experience in the use of Accounts Production Software, ideally Opera.
- Meticulously well organised and reliable.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to identify improvement to procedures.
- Ability to understand key business drivers, interpret financial results and when required to produce financial analysis information.
- Experience of working as part of a team and effective communication within an organisation.
- Proven record of ability to work to tight deadlines and in a pressurised team based environment.
Salary will be negotiable and attractive for the right candidate and will be discussed at interview
Apply online or contact Helen Sheppard at Bond Search & Selection, 02890 339968
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.