Very Competitive salary on offer.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Officer will report directly to the Director of HR & Organisational Development and work alongside the operations team with direct contact with senior management.
The role will encompass Health and Safety, Food Safety and the Management of the Integrated Management System made up of ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
You will be responsible for championing, promoting and establishing safety, health and environmental awareness and implementing best practice across multiple sites and actively promoting a positive safety culture and employee engagement.
- Ensuring compliance and continual improvement in line with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and will manage the migration to ISO45001
- Reviewing and monitoring the processes being carried out with regards to food safety including the maintenance of the Food Management System
- Proactively working with operational teams during mobilisation and other projects to ensure that compliance is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
- On a day to day basis you will provide guidance and advice to the business on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards both remotely and onsite.
- You will be responsible for identifying potential environmental improvements, managing safety related functions including risk assessments, safe systems of work, investigating incidents and identifying actions to prevent recurrence as well as carrying out robust compliance audits and making recommendations for improvements across the business.
- Investigating incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry.
- You will be a confident and self-motivated individual who is good at developing relationships with Operational Leadership at all levels of the management structure with the ability to work remotely
- A third level qualification in Health & Safety or Science based subject and a have a minimum of 12 months experience, within the last 3 years
- Experience of carrying out audits on Risk Management Systems, such as hygiene visits and IMS complaince, along with a high level of computer literacy including a knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to interpret legislation
- Must have a valid driving licence, access to a car and prepared to travel to different sites within NI, ROI & England
- Knowledgeable in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHA 18001 standards
- Experience working within a multi-site environment
- Member of a relevant professional institute / Chartered status
To apply for this excellent HSE Officer opportuinty please click below, or contact Jamie Harper at Bond Search & selection.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.