Health and Safety Assistant
£18,000 - £25,000
Maternity cover with a good opportunity for permanent roles
A brilliant opportunity has come up for a Health and Safety Assistant to join a market-leading structural steel company. This company are well known for their world class engineering and design excellence. The position of Health and Safety assistant would be a brilliant role for someone keen on training, progression. Although this position is temporary to start there is a good opportunity for it to go permanent following the maternity cover. The company offer a competitive salary depending on experience, as well as an excellent training plan and good paths for progression.
- The main purpose of this H&S role is to provide a full health, safety and environment service to the project site or sites
- You will need to identify risks to health and safety and provide advice and support to managers within the business to eradicate, reduce and manage those risks appropriately
- Advise site on all matters of SHE
- Develop and maintain the project SHE plan and co-ordinate the implementation of the SHE system on projects to ensure company policy and standards are met
- Identify all SHE training and certification needs and coordinate with the SHE Training manager to identify these needs
- Ensure best practice is maintained at all times, and where there can be improvements implement these changes
- Proactively advise, support and assist the construction staff within their geographical areas to ensure all projects achieve a high standard of safety at all times
- You will need to be passionate about Health and Safety
- The ideal candidate will have a SHE qualification, for someone with more experience and a NEBOSH qualification the salary will be higher to reflect this
- This role will require a full, clean driving licence
If this sounds like you and also something you wish to hear more about, please click on the link to submit your CV or call me on 02890339968 or email Clodagh@bondselection.com for a confidential conversation
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.