Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm 37.5 hpw
Excellent opportunity for an assets manager to join a leading organisation as an assets manager
The post holder will manage and co-ordinate the Association’s Responsive Maintenance team and assist the Director of Asset Management in the strategic delivery of a quality asset management service to the tenants
The Assets Manager will provide leadership and line management to the relevant Assets team to ensure a high quality service is delivered in accordance with the Association’s policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and line management for a response maintenance team and deliver an excellent tenant focussed service.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, induction, management and development of staff.
- Undertake staff appraisals and 1-2-1’s, providing guidance on personal development needs, advising on and initiating learning and development opportunities.
- Monitor staff performance and take appropriate action on grievance and disciplinary matters in compliance with relevant policies and procedures.Collate and prepare management information as required for performance and other
- Ensure compliance with all human resource related policies and procedures.Interpret and implement changes in legislation relating to the department’s areas of operation and update policies and procedures.
- Action and manage complaints resolving issues and highlighting trends where evident.
- As a member of the Operational Management Team, participate in wider organisational activities including investigations and discipline hearings, quality initiatives etc., as and when required.
- Deputise for your line manager as requested.
- Assist in the establishment of budgets and be responsible for designated budgets and providing forecasts of expenditure.
Contribute to the Associations Corporate Strategy and work to achieve the Association’s strategic objectives in accordance with the Corporate Plan.
- Contribute to the Asset Management Strategy, Divisional Business Plan and other strategies and initiatives as required.
- Be responsible for introducing any Efficiency Savings in accordance with the association’s targets
- Level six qualification (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, Graduate diploma) or above in an related discipline such as Quantity Surveying/Construction/ Engineering/Building Studies AND 3 years’ relevant experience of maintenance and/or construction and project management
at a supervisory level plus 2 years' relevant experience OR 5 years’ relevant experience (as outlined above
- Experience in contract management, Performance monitoring in a client facing role, Responsibility for designated budgets and providing forecasts of expenditure, Procurement of technical works and/or services
- Experience of constructing business cases, board reports and presentations
- Experience of supervising staff which should include directing/delegating work and dealing with problems including identification and resolution
- IT literate with demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office to include excel, working with databases, spreadsheets, setting budgets
- A current full driving licence and access to a suitable form of transport*
- Working knowledge and use of NEC forms of contract and a broad knowledge of NI public procurement regulations and their implementation
- Membership of an appropriate professional body e.g. RICS, CIOB
- Knowledge and understanding of the Department of Communities (DfC) Guide
- Experience in developing, reviewing and implementing policies and procedures consistent with statutory and regulatory requirements and best practice
- Ability to work on own initiative and team worker.
- Current knowledge of legislation and best practice in relation to asset management.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Ability to develop and promote a corporate approach to service delivery.
- Commitment to setting and promoting high standards of customer service.
For more information please submit your most recent CV by clicking the link provided.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.