Temporary 6 months
37.5 hours per week
We are working in partnership with our client to help recruit a personal secretary for their busy office in Omagh. Our client is seeking a personal secretary to work on a full time basis from Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm on an ongoing basis for 6 months initially. This is a varied role, within a dynamic team and will involve excellent attention to detail as well as thorough admnistration.
Duties of the post;
- Provide a full secretarial support service to the team and other professionals.
- Maintain diaries; arrange diary dates, venues, travel arrangement and hospitality.
- This also includes minute taking, audio typing and shorthand/note taking.
- Organise the office and carry out routine secretarial duties which include the development and maintenance of an efficient filing system, brought forward system, mail distribution, photo copying, binding and ensure relevant files are available for meetings.
- Open and record incoming mail and direct correspondence for the Team or otherwise deal with routine items.. This will include the writing and drafting of routine letters for signature.
- Facilitate communication within the department by liaising with relevant staff.
- Dealing with telephone calls and enquiries and taking relevant action as appropriate.
- Type letters, memorandums and minutes. A high level of word processing skills will be required and the post holder will also be required to develop skills on Microsoft Office software and other computer packages as and when required.
- Assist in the production of Power Point presentations required by department.
- Provide administrative support in the production of policies and reports produced within the department.
- Supervision of clerical staff if post requires so.
- Management of stationary stock levels throughout the department using stock catalogue and non-stock requisitions so levels of stock are adequately maintained.
- 5 GCSE’s (Grades A-C) to include English Language and Maths or equivalent of higher educational standard and one year’s secretarial* experience; OR NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent or higher educational standard and one year’s secretarial* experience; OR 3 years secretarial* experience;
- In addition to one of the above, 6 months experience using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Word is also essential.
- Ability to manager workload effectively and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working as part of a team with successful outcomes
- Experience preparing a variety of documents including minutes, letters, reports and presentations
- Provide examples of Diary Management experience
- Provide examples of co-ordinating meetings and note taking
- Provide examples of working with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Word
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.