Part-Time 18.75 hours per week
Temporary for 6 months
Our client is seeking a part time personal secretary to work on a 6 month temporary basis at their offices in Belfast. The post-holder will provide full secretarial and administrative support services, requiring a high degree of initiative and diplomacy, to Social Care staff within the Social Care and Children’s Directorate.
Duties of the role;
- The efficient organisation and management of Officers’ diaries. This will include the use of computerised diary software.
- To deal with the receipt and distribution of correspondence, reports, faxes, e-mail; dealing with sensitive correspondence.
- To maintain an efficient filing system and effective ‘bring-forward’ system. This will include compliance with Electronic filing systems supported by the HSCB.
- Word processing and typing as required, including correspondence, the compilation of agendas, papers and reports. This may include audio word-processing. Use of available graphics packages to produce presentations.
- Receive and deal with telephone communications as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support for projects as requested.
- Input and retrieval of data from manual and electronic systems.
- Assistance in the provision of statistical information as required.
- Organise meetings, conferences and workshops including preparation of papers, arranging venues, notifying attendees, attend meeting and take minutes. Follow-up action where necessary.
- Make appropriate travel and organisational arrangements as required.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality of information in line with current legislation.
- Working as a member of the administrative/secretarial team providing cover for colleagues as required.
- To support the HSCB in meeting its obligations under Risk Management by adhering to the controls assurance standards identified in the Risk Register.
- The candidate will be expected to be efficient in the use of Microsoft Office Packages, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- 1 year clerical experience
- 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C)
- The ability to work in a team.
- Effective communication skills
- Computer literacy.
- An understanding of the duties of the post.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.