Full time / Temporary 9 months - 1 year
£18k - £23k salary depending on experience
We are working in partnership with our esteemed client, a leading manufacturer in animal foods to recruit a temporary accounts assistant for their large facility in Dungannon. Our client is seeking a driven and highly organised individual who has great experience working within this type of role before.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking industry experience with the chance to perhaps become a permanent member of staff.
The role will involve;
- Processing of invoices and payments on the Sales Ledger / Purchase Ledger
- Posting and coding of entries to the GBP or EUR cash books
- Preparation and posting of journals at month end to assist the Financial Accountant.
- Process the month end for the sales ledger / purchase ledger on our financial software, and produce a variety of reports
- Prepare and create supplier payments
- Perform credit control duties
- Investigate supplier / customer queries as required.
- Create new accounts, and undertake due diligence.
- Perform timely reconciliations on a regular basis
- Handle calls/correspondence from our customers and suppliers.
- Work closely with the Financial Accountant and release supplier payments on instruction
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations
- Strive to improve the efficiency of the role’s processes, making suggestions and use of IT where appropriate
- Part of the pool to cover reception for daily lunch hour, and during periods of sickness and holidays
- Other appropriate tasks as determined by the Financial Accountant
Ideally you will have
- GCSE pass or equivalent Maths & English
- Experience of a Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger or Accounts Assistant role
- Experience of multi-currency ledgers
- Extensive experience of MS Office software, especially Excel
- Evidence of effective planning, organisational and time management abilities
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to perform customer/supplier reconciliations to ensure accurate accounts
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Able to work flexibly as required to meet business needs
- Must have access to own transport
- Higher Education or Professional qualifications
- Experience from within a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience of a bank’s on line banking facility
- Experience of an invoice discounting facility
- Previous experience of using ERP software
- Ability to confidently engage with employees, from shop floor to Manager to Director level
- Demonstrate use of own initiative
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a local company and achieve great experience and salary.
If you would like more information please send your CV by clicking the link provided
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.