We are delighted to be working in partnership with our client, a highly successful logistics company to recruit an experienced accounts assistant for their ever expanding finance team. Are you and accounts assistant with at least 2 years experience within the manufacturing or transportation industry? Are you seeking a career move that will give you the opportunity for travel and career progression? This is an excellent opportunity for someone with relevant experience and enthusiasm to join this progressive company.
The role will involve working 9am - 5pm in their Newry headquarters and will involve the following duties:
- Processing of invoices and payments on the Sales Ledger / Purchase Ledger
- Preparation and posting of journals at month end to assist the Financial Accountant.
- Process the month end for the sales ledger / purchase ledger on our financial software, and produce a variety of reports
- Prepare and create supplier payments
- Perform credit control duties and timely reconciliations on a regular basis
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations
- Investigate supplier / customer queries as required.
- Create new accounts, and undertake due diligence.
- Handle calls/correspondence from our customers and suppliers.
- Work closely with the Financial Accountant and other members of the team and strive to improve the efficiency of the process by making suggestions where necessary.
Experience and Education needed.
- Educated to A-level or equivalent
- Knowledge of multi-currency ledgers
- Relevant experience of working in a Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger or Accounts Assistant role.
- Exellent use of MS Office packages.
- Excellent communication skills both written English and verbal
- Able to perform customer/supplier reconciliations to ensure accurate accounts
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Able to work flexibly as required to meet business needs
- Must have access to own mode of transport and full drivers licence
- Be willing to travel
If you would like some more information on this role please submit your most recent CV and one of the team will be in touch.
As a corporate member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC), Bond Search & Selection operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.